VLC Player 0.8.6

VLC Player 0.8.6 for the Windows 98 and Windows ME (Millenium Edition) operating systems.

Some of the hottest must-have utilities for Windows 98 & ME (Windows Millenium Edition). All software in this section has been tested on both Win98 & WinME platforms.
xxxtaceee_416admin
Site Admin

VLC Player 0.8.6 for the Windows 98 and Windows ME (Millenium Edition) operating systems.

VLC media player 0.8.6 was a popular version of the VLC media player, known for its wide range of supported audio and video formats, as well as its cross-platform compatibility. Supported operating systems are early as Windows 98 and Windows ME.

Here are some key features and aspects of VLC media player 0.8.6:

Supported Formats: VLC 0.8.6 supported a vast array of audio and video formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, MP3, OGG, AAC, and more. It could handle both local media files and streaming media from various sources.

Cross-Platform Compatibility: VLC 0.8.6 was available for multiple operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, and Unix-like systems. This cross-platform support made it a popular choice for users regardless of their preferred operating system.

Customizable Interface: The media player featured a customizable interface with support for skins and themes, allowing users to personalize the look and feel according to their preferences.

Playback Controls: VLC 0.8.6 provided a wide range of playback controls, including play, pause, stop, rewind, fast forward, and volume adjustment. It also supported keyboard shortcuts for convenient control during playback.

Subtitle and Audio Track Support: The player offered support for subtitles in various formats and languages, as well as multiple audio tracks, allowing users to switch between different audio streams when available.

Streaming Capabilities: VLC 0.8.6 included built-in support for streaming media over networks, including both local area networks (LAN) and the internet. It could act as both a client and a server for various streaming protocols.

Open-Source and Free: Like all versions of VLC media player, 0.8.6 was open-source software distributed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). This meant that it was free to download, use, and distribute, with access to its source code for modification and improvement by the community.

Overall, VLC media player 0.8.6 was a versatile and feature-rich media player that gained popularity for its wide compatibility, customizable interface, and robust performance across different platforms. While newer versions have since been released with additional features and improvements, version 0.8.6 remains a nostalgic favorite for many users.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.